Your candidate must show you documents that prove their entitlement to work in the UK. Can your candidate provide this documentation?
The following documentation is valid:
- A passport
showing that the holder is a British citizen.
- A passport showing that the holder has a right of abode in the UK.
- A national passport or national identity card showing that the holder is a national of a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland.
- A residence permit issued to a national from a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland.
- A passport or other document issued by the Home Office which has an endorsement stating that the holder has a current right of residence in the United Kingdom as the family member of a national from a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland who is resident in the United Kingdom.
- A passport or other travel document endorsed to show that the holder is exempt from immigration control, can stay indefinitely in the United Kingdom, or has no time limit on their stay.
- A passport or other travel document endorsed to show that the holder can stay in the United Kingdom - and that this endorsement allows the holder to do the type of work you are offering provided it does not require a work permit.
- An Application Registration Card issued by the Home Office to an asylum seeker stating that the holder is permitted to take up employment.